GREMOLATAINGREDIENTS: 1 small bunch of parsley, washed and dried (enough to make 1 cup loosely-packed) 1 clove garlic 2 lemons, washed and dried PROCEDURE:
- Remove the leaves from the parsley — enough to make 1 cup when very loosely packed.
- Chop the parsley with a chef's knife until it is nearly finely chopped. It should be less than 1/2 cup.
- Using a Microplane or fine-toothed grater, grate the garlic clove over the parsley.
- Using the same grater (don't bother to wash it), grate just the zest from the two lemons on top of the garlic.
- TIP: Doing the garlic and lemon in this order will help to rid the Microplane of garlic odors!
- Continue to chop the parsley, mixing in the garlic and lemon as you go, until the parsley is chopped very fine.
- Use the gremolata right away or store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day.
BASIL PESTOINGREDIENTS: 2 cups fresh basil 4 cloves of garlic 1 cup of pine nuts 1 ¼ cup parmesan cheese 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil PROCEDURE:
- In a blender, combine all ingredients except for the olive oil.
- Blend all ingredients adding the olive oil in a thin stream until well emulsified.
CHIMICHURRIINGREDIENTS: ½ cup red wine vinegar 1 tsp salt 4 garlic cloves, minced 1 shallot, minced 1 jalapeno chili, deseeded and minced ½ cup fresh cilantro, minced 2 tbs fresh oregano, minced ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil PROCEDURE:
- Combine all ingredients, whisk until well incorporated
- Use immediately.