Add a kick to your summer entrees with these quick and simple salsa and relish recipes created by Chef Rich Mead and Chef Allen of Farmhouse at Roger's Gardens.
Strawberry RelishINGREDIENTS: 4 Cup Fresh Strawberries (chopped) ½ Red Onion (finely chopped) 1 Jalapeno (finely chopped) ¼ Cup Fresh Basil, Chiffonade Juice of 2 Limes Juice of 1 Lemon Zest of 1 Lemon and 1 Lime Salt and Pepper PROCEDURE:
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients together.
- Add Salt and Pepper to taste, allow flavors to meld for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Tomatillo SalsaINGREDIENTS: 5 Tomatillos ¼ White Onion 2 Garlic Cloves 1 Jalapeno ½ Cup Cilantro (chopped) Salt and Pepper Water PROCEDURE:
- Under a hot boiler, char tomatillos, onion, garlic and jalapeno until well blistered and blackened. Flip and repeat on other side.
- Allow the charred vegetables to cool slightly and puree vegetables and cilantro in blender or food processor.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and add water to loosen up the salsa.
- Serve immediately.