Butternut Squash BreadYIELD: 1 LOAF
- 1 medium butternut squash, roasted, flesh scooped out
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 bunch sage, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together the butternut squash, eggs, oil, water, sugars and vanilla until thoroughly combined. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butternut squash mixture. Combine just until incorporated; do not over mix. Pour into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean.
- *Make it your own! Fold in toasted nuts, dried berries, chocolate, zucchini, etc.