Poached Wild SalmonINGREDIENTS: 1 to 1-1 ½ lbs. Wild Salmon, pin bones removed ½ cup dry white wine ½ cup water 1 cup leeks or shallot 5-6 sprigs of fresh dill Juice of 1 lemon, freshly squeezed Salt and pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- Add the wine, water, leeks or shallot, dill and lemon juice to a sauté pan and bring to a simmer on medium heat.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper and place skin side down in pan.
- Cover and cook for 5-10 minutes until salmon is cooked to your desired doneness. Do not overcook.
Charred Corn and Asparagus SaladYield: 2 portions INGREDIENTS: 2 cups corn (charred on grill, kernels removed) 1 cup asparagus (blanched, cut 1 inch bias) ½ cup red onion (sliced) 1 cup Sungold tomatoes (cut in ½) ¼ cup Dijon horseradish vinaigrette Salt and pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- Grill ears of corn until kernels are cooked through and well charred.
- Blanch asparagus in boiling water and immediately in ice water to stop cooking process.
- Combine all ingredients with Dijon horseradish vinaigrette and toss.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Basil OilINGREDIENTS: 2 cups tightly packed basil leaves 1 cup extra virgin olive oil ½ tsp salt to taste PROCEDURE:
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch basil leaves for about 10 seconds. Remove them quickly and shock in ice water. Gently squeeze excess water out of basil.
- Roughly chop basil and blend with oil.
- Salt until well incorporated.
- Allow the puree to settle for about 30 minutes. Strain through a cheesecloth pushing on the solids to extract all the oil.
- Use immediately or refrigerate for up to a week.
Dijon Horseradish VinaigretteINGREDIENTS: ½ cup Dijon mustard ½ cup honey ¼ cup fresh horseradish ½ cup white wine vinegar 2 cups fresh dill (minced) Salt and Pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- Combine all ingredients except olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Whisk in olive oil in a slow steady stream until fully emulsified.
- Add salt and pepper to your taste.
- Cover and store in refrigerator up to 5 days.