Tehachapi Farms Sonora/Red Fife Blend Oatmeal Raisin CookiesINGREDIENTS: 2 cups Sonora/Red Fife Blend Flour 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp. baking soda 1 tsp. kosher salt 1 cup (8 oz.) unsalted butter – softened 1 cup brown sugar (dark), firmly packed 2 large eggs 2 tsp. vanilla 3 cups oats (not instant) ¾ cup raisins ¾ cups mini chocolate chips (Chocolate chips are optional) *1½cups raisins, substitute for chocolate chips PROCEDURE:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk together, Sonora/Red Fife Blend Flour, baking powder, baking soda and kosher salt. Set aside.
- Cream together with mixer on low, softened unsalted butter, sugar, Dark brown sugar, eggs and vanilla. Increase speed of mixer to high and cream mixture until fluffy and light in color.
- Beat in flour mixture
- Stir in oats, raisins, mini chocolate chips
- Drop cookies into 2 tbsp. dough balls onto sheet pan, 2 inches apart
- Bake 11-15 minutes on center rack
Lemon Thyme VinaigretteYield: 1½ cups INGREDIENTS: 1 small shallot, finely chopped ¾ cup olive oil ¼ cup champagne vinaigrette 3 tbs. fresh lemon juice 2 tbs. fresh orange juice ¼ tsp. freshly grated lemon zest Salt and pepper to taste 1 tbs. fresh thyme leaves PROCEDURE:
- Combine all ingredients
- Season to taste
- Whisk to blend
Farro and Kale SaladINGREDIENTS: 2 cups cooked farro 4 cups kale, cleaned and cut into 1 inch strips ½ cup dried cranberries 1 green apple, julienned 2 tbs. pine nuts 1 cup sugar snap peas, blanched, cut on a bias 1 cup feta cheese 1 cup lemon thyme vinaigrette ½ cup preserved lemon Salt and pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- Combine farro, kale, cranberries, apple, pine nuts, snap peas and to
- Toss in lemon thyme vinaigrette.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish with preserved lemon and crumbled feta cheese.