Roast Satsumaimo Sweet Potato with Apple Cider Molasses GlazeApple Cider Molasses Glaze INGREDIENTS: 2 cups apple cider vinegar ½ cup soy sauce – we use low sodium 2/3 cup honey 1 tbs. chopped ginger 1 tbs. chopped garlic 1/3 cup molasses ½ cup brown sugar 8 Satsumaimo sweet potatoes Salt to taste PROCEDURE:
- Place ingredients in sauce pan and simmer until slightly thickened making a glaze not a syrup
- Wash, dry and wrap sweet potatoes in aluminum foil
- Bake at 350° until soft
- To serve immediately, unwrap potatoes and split
- Drizzle glaze over potatoes
- To serve later – unwrap and allow to cool, split potatoes and place in a casserole dish.
- To heat, bake at 350° until warmed through – about 20-30 minutes
- Drizzle with additional sauce and serve.
Twice Baked Gorgonzola Stuffed Fingerling Potato with Mushroom SaucePort Wine Sauce INGREDIENTS: 1 tbs. olive oil 1 small shallot, finely chopped 2 cups Port wine 3 sprigs fresh thyme 2 sprigs fresh rosemary 3 bay leaves 2 tbs. black peppercorns 2-1/2 cups beef broth 1 oz. dried mushrooms (porcini or shitake) 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar 1 tbs. cornstarch 1 cup water Salt and pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- On medium heat, add olive oil and sauté shallot until translucent and softened
- Add port wine, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves and peppercorns.
- Reduce by half - about ¾ to 1 cup.
- Add beef broth, mushrooms, and balsamic vinegar and reduce.
- Add water and cornstarch together and mix until well incorporated.
- Add to reduction of broth and wine until desired consistency is achieved.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Makes 6 servings
Twice Baked Gorgonzola PotatoesINGREDIENTS: 10 standard size fingerling potatoes ¼ cup chopped chives 6 tbs. crème freiche 4 oz. crumbled gorgonzola cheese 3 tbs. sautéed shallots Salt and pepper to taste PROCEDURE:
- Roast potatoes in a 350° oven until cooked through, about 20-25 minutes
- Let cool and remove the potato “meat”, keeping skin intact.
- Push the “meat” through a ricer and place in a bowl. Should be about 1 cup.
- Mix rest of ingredients together completely.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper
- Scoop potato mixture into potato skins and place on sheet pan.
- Place in a 350° oven for 20-30 minutes.
- The top will brown.
- Serve with a nice steak and drizzled with port wine.